Thursday, May 29, 2014

9 Months and Moving Like a Maniac!

  With 9 months down, Rory has a lot of new tricks up his sleeves.  (well honestly, he doesn't really have sleeves.  It's Florida.)  The first and foremost is getting Daddy and Mommy to exercise.  If Rory's awake, we are chasing him all over the house.  His crawling speed has increased immensely and he's also whipping out steps all over the place.  I think his longest stretch has been 13 steps.  Today, he did a running step.  He booked it like there was a monster chasing him.  Why was he moving so fast you might ask?  Oh, he wanted to type on Daddy's computer while Daddy was figuring out what to blog about next. 
 
  He also has figured out how to hurt himself.  This week alone, he fell off the bed.  I was scared out of my mind.  One second I was holding him on my lap as we watched obese people trying to maneuver their bodies through a little body shaped cutout of a giant moving wall.  The next second he was going headfirst off the side of the bed.  It felt like I had a heart attack and I was about to take him to the concussion doctor when my wife said, "It won't be his last fall dear, and also I'm glad you were the one it happened to first."  I wasn't impressed.

Although she was right.  The same week, he also fell backwards while trying to reach Mommy's I-Pd that was sitting on a TV Tray Table, bumping his head on the floor and also knocking the TV Table, and IPad onto himself.  I wanted to get him to urgent care immediately, but my wife said, "He's fine."

And then because things happen in threes, he also fell face first into his reclining vibrating chair while he was running away from Daddy in both of our favorite game, "Catch the Baby!"  He squeals with glee and takes off like a laughing lunatic.  As he bounded away he lost his footing and fell into his chair.  He stopped.  Squinted his face.  And looked at me with a shocked expression.  Then randomly started laughing again.  Needless to say, I've learned that he is not as fragile as he used to be.

One of the other amazingly simple things that he is doing is making a symphony of new noises.  He clicks his tongue with such confidence that I swear he's fluent in the Khoisan African clicking language.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khoisan_languages  Rory also supports mouth bubbles to throat snorts.  I didn't even know some of these sounds existed.  It doesn't bother me though because I love every second of every sound.  (I'm being completely serious here but I swear that Kim and I heard him singing the simple melody that Ariel sings to Ursula in The Little Mermaid. )

Rory is the most amazing thing I've ever laid eyes on.  It boggles my mind that anyone could look at a baby and see the intricate features and watch them learn and figure out the world, and not realize that this little creature was made by a divine creator.  I can't imagine anyone looking at my son and thinking, "Yeah, that was nature's accident, but wow he's cute." 

I just can't wait to see what's next!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment