Sunday, May 11, 2014

Very First Mother's Day!






Mother's Day is always a fun time if you're are a kid fortunate enough to have a mother.  You get to make little crafts and write notes about how much you love your mother and all the cool things she does for you.   Of course I've never been a mother so I don't know how awesome it feels to celebrate being a mother while actually being a mother.  I can however give you a little insight from my wife by doing a Mother's Day Interview on her very first Mother's Day!


Josh:  So how does it feel to be a mother?

Kim:  Huh?  That's a strange question.

Josh:  Why?  I need to know how it feels from the mother's perspective.

Kim:  Hmm.  I guess I'll tell you, but you have to tell me what you said earlier when I wasn't paying attention.

Josh:  Just tell me!  It's for my blog!

Kim: OH!!! FOR THE BLOG?!?!?!?   I LOVE IT!  RORY'S MY FAVORITE GUY!  HE SMILES!  HE IS MY HEART!  THAT'S EVERYDAY NOT JUST MOTHER'S DAY!  IT'S SO FUN TO BE A MOTHER BECAUSE I ALWAYS WANTED TO AND NOW I GET TO.  I JUST LOVE RORY WITH HIS LOUD ROARING IN CHURCH SERVICE.  RAWR RAWR RAWR. 

Josh:  Thank you for the sound effects. 

Kim:  But.... He's getting so big. 

Josh:  Yes.  That's what babies do.

Kim:  I compare him to Aaron Jack and Gina Jo's baby, Rae, and Rory's like a giant! He's never going to be that small again.

Josh:  Interesting.  Now how do I write that?  With a glistening tear in her eye, she ponders the size of her baby.

Kim:  YOU WILL NOT WRITE ABOUT THE CRYING!

Josh:  Fine.  I'll write about it, but I'll promise you that you can have another baby someday that will be that small.

Kim:  TRUUUST ME!  I KNOW THAT!  I'VE ALREADY PLANNED ON IT....  but it won't be Rory.

Josh:  Oh... well I thought you knew how baby's worked.  They tend to get bigger and grow up, ya know?

Kim:  And another thing... I'd like him to stay still for one second so I can get his handprint to look like more than a smudge. 

Josh:  Yeah, well that's a lost cause.  He is like a caffeine induced rabbit.

Kim:  Humph.

Josh:  So, overall I'm getting the sense you like being a mother, right? 

Kim:  It's the best thing in the world.  I love my baby boy more than anything in the world.


Happy Mother's Day Kim!  You are an amazing mother and I love spending every waking, sleeping, breathing moment with you and Rory!  You two are the best gifts God has given me!  I love you both very much! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment