Monday, October 14, 2013

Straight from the Pumpkin Patch!

  If you've been following me for awhile.  You know I'm kind of a ridiculous!  But that's okay.  It's totally fine to be a weirdo.  At least that's what I tell my first graders!  I mean that's assuming you've read the fine print and you are a weirdo within reason.  I mean, pig wrestling might be taking it a bit too far.  Putting your 2 month old in pumpkin of course is totally legit. 


 
Rory is probably the cutest pumpkin baby I have ever seen!  I wonder if he'd believe he'd grown from a pumpkin seed.  Hmmm... I wonder if any of the kids at school will believe it.  We are starting a pumpkin life cycle unit this week.  I'd hate to confuse them. 

 
 
I love his little grump face.  I guess all pumpkins can't be happy all the time.  Neither can little babies who have to go to the doctor to get their shots.  It was probably one of the saddest moments of my whole day.  The look on his face went from normal to.. why is there a sudden pain in my legs?  He started screaming and crying and of course my wife opted I should go knowing fully well it was a shot day.  
 
 Her response:  "I didn't know for sure.  I had a feeling they might give him a shot."
 
Me  <----- Unimpressed.
 
 
He's been sleeping pretty much ever since the shots.  I feel so sad for him.  I hate the idea of things hurting him in life.  And yet, I know that's what this life on earth has to offer.  There can't be roses without thorns and you can't get by without a few cuts and scrapes along the way.  I just hope and pray the best for him in everything that comes.   Bella does too, because she blesses him with her healing tongue every time he burps or is really anywhere on her level.  (more on that later.)
 
 
Comic By Bitstrips


No comments:

Post a Comment