Sunday, January 19, 2014

5 Months! It's Just Bananas!

I honestly can't believe our little Ror-monkey is already 5 months old.  He's just zooming right through life like a wild mustang.  He's also not sitting still enough for pictures anymore.  I mean sure he tries, well maybe he doesn't.  He kind of hates sitting up.  Don't get me wrong, he can, but he doesn't want to.  If he's not standing or rolling around the house he's just not happy. 
 
On the topic of being happy.  In the past month Rory has been happily eating all kinds of solids. 
 
His first solid food was bananas!  He was obsessed from first bite. 
 
Next mommy tried to feed him pumpkin from the can.  He spit it out immediately. 
 
"Why isn't he eating it?" Kim frets.
"Well, I love pumpkin flavored anything!" I say, while daydreaming about Dunkin Donut's pumpkin fall festival.   "But I have to say, I really can't blame him.  Have you ever tried pumpkin straight from the can?"
"No!" Kim says, "but the puree book you bought be for Christmas says I can feed him pumpkin from the can."
"Try it."
Kim spoons herself a bite and spits it out immediately.  "I see your point."
"Just add some banana," I say.  "He loves it."
Kim smashes up some banana and mixes it with the pumpkin and Rory slurps it down.
 
Then mommy tried to feed him butter nut squash.  He spit it out immediately, but only after making the most wretchedly cute face I'd ever seen.  Can you guess what we added to it to make it edible?  Banana!
 
Next mommy tried to feed him sweet potato.  He ate some of it but spit the rest out immediately.  We just added a tiny bit of banana.  He devoured it. 
 
Maybe Rory really is a little monkey.  (I mean we did watch a baby documentary that told us that the reason babies grasp stuff with their fingers is because instinctually they remember when they were monkeys and had to grab branches!  I mean that sounds legitimate, right?)
 
If he eats, I don't mind mixing a little bit of banana with it.  It keeps his poop nice and firm too!  Added benefit!          
 
 
 
 
As of late he has begun to eat sweet potato all by itself.  He also likes to dab his face with his foot to wipe up all the goo that gets left behind.  He's just so civilized.  Love him to death for that.  He's going to be able to teacher a manners course when he gets to preschool.  He also has started holding his own bottle.  It's such a bittersweet milestone, because he's getting so independent but I still want to hold his bottle and snuggle.  We are very blessed! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment