Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Our very first massage!

  WOW!  I feel so amazing right now.  Bella Rose Spa is incredible!  My wife and I had never gotten professional massages before, and boy were we missing out.  We will definitely be back!  First off, the people are so nice there and are totally focused on customer comfort.  They provide you with anything you could ever want.  Most importantly, firm hands and a soothing and comfortable environment. 

Technically this was Rory's first massage too, as Kim received a maternity massage.  I was told later that little Rory was wiggling all over and entertaining Kim's masseuse the entire massage.  I, on the other hand was in a relaxed-induced coma. I think I may have been drooling, but I didn't check the floor to find out.  I could barely think, let alone move.  Heaven on earth!  

  When they were done and the masseuses were leaving to let us get dressed, she thanked us for coming and I had to literally pull myself out of my stupor to get up.  They told us to take our time coming out of the room and when we finally meandered out they were waiting with glasses of water and more wonderful conversation.  They can't wait to meet little Rory and want us to stop back in once he's born to meet his very first masseuse.  They mentioned that baby massages are a great way to relax your baby before bed and all that good stuff too.  So we may research proper ways to massage your baby.

  One thing they had said was after a massage, one really needs to drink  lots of water.  I don't remember exactly why, but I almost burst out laughing because my wife already drinks like 2 gallons of water a day.  I can imagine her drinking an extra gallon today because they had mentioned to drink lots of water. 

(Apparently, drinking lots of water also makes your skin look amazing.  Beauty tip from the spa.)

  Overall, Kim loved it and so did I!  She's really been starting to feel uncomfortable lately and I think this helped really refuel our energy.  


My favorite Kim quote of the day:  "They say at this point babies are supposed to be sleeping 90% of the day, but I don't buy it!"

Kim's favorite Josh quote of the day:  "Oh my gosh!  Be careful standing up.  There's oil on my foot and I almost biffed it!"

Comic by Bitstrips

No comments:

Post a Comment